© Faculty of Humanities - Naresuan University
Faculty of Humanities, Naresuan University
The Faculty of Humanities, Naresuan University, holds the vision to produce graduates who exhibit academic excellence in languages, literature, folklore, music, and performing arts. The Faculty community pledges to uphold morality, wisdom and continual and sustainable learning with an aim to produce graduates with understanding and readiness to compete in the ASEAN and global communities as well as to support academic cooperation between academic institutes domestically and internationally in order to promote the comprehensiveness of Naresuan University.
The Faculty of Humanities inspires human beings to understand their true essence in order to live peacefully together and liberate themselves from ignorance.
1. Production of graduates in the field of Humanities at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
2. Production of graduates who uphold morality, ethics, and quality that reaches international standards. Graduates must also possess essential skills for the current and future working conditions; including competencies in the Thai and foreign languages, computers, and technology.
3. Production of high-quality research within the field of Humanities that is accepted nationally and internationally.
4. Provision of academic services to organisations both inside and outside the university as well as being reliable to society in terms of academics.
5. Provision of curriculums and activities that promote and sustain Thai arts and culture.
6. Creation of academic collaborations with national and international institutions.
Symbol: Suwanna-phingkhan or "Klod"
The symbol of the Faculty of Humanities is Suwanna-phingkhan or "Klod" which means a clay pot used as a water container. Just as earth and water are fundamental to everything in the world, humanities is also the foundation of all academic disciplines.
Colour of the Faculty: Brown
Brown is the colour of Suwanna-phingkhan or "Klod" which is made of clay, the source to which everyone eventually returns.
Planning and strategy